I put together ten of the most funny commercials that made me laugh and that are also famous, that have written history so to say. You find the description below. I hope you enjoy them as I did. Tell me in the comments which one is your #1 - or at least your #1.5 - I will include your vote in the ranking at the end of this text to see which commercial people like the most.
These ads are included:
1. Cinesite Studios, “Beans”, also called “Not for Austronauts” or the "Astronaut Ad" from 2013, a mock ad – the non-existent Haynes Baked Beans only resemble Heinz – for the famous visual effects and feature animation studio known for movies like Harry Potter, Avengers: Infinity War, Captain America: Civil War, and others whose logo appears at the end. This hillarious commercial is often shown but not always understood.
2. Doritos, "Ultrasound"/“Birth” from the 2016 Super Bowl was a highly controversial, yet extremely funny commercial that still has its fans and opponents
3. Kia niro, “Hero” with Melissa McCarthy from the 2017 Super Bowl, also refered to as “I love Whales!” that got a lot of press and features Bonnie Tyler's “Holding up for a hero”
4. Kia, “The Truth” with Laurence Fishburne as Morpheus from The Matrix, singing Nessun dorma for the Super Bowl 2014
5. Shadow of War, “Not today, Brian” from 2017 for the video game, also known for its line “Nothing will be forgotten”
6. Heinz Tomato Ketchup, “Wiener Stampede”, the adorable ad from the 2016 Super Bowl, part of the “Meet the Ketchups” promotion
7. Volkswagen VW Passat, “The Force”, also called "Darth Vader" from 2011 Super Bowl - this extended version was seen by 8 million viewers online before the game, a huge success at this time, during the game a shorter version was aired, later other versions/sequels followed, a game-changing commercial a lot of media was talking about and many people still enjoy.
8. Clash Of Clans, “Revenge” with Liam Neeson as his famous character from Taken for the Super Bowl 2015, also famous for its line “You will regret the day you crossed AngryNeeson52”
9. Old Spice, “Jungle Wilderness” from the 2011 Danger Zone campaign with the famous line “You smell like you look – amazing” (the most amazing thing, though, is the line “Dramatization only. Do not attempt.” in the bottom right corner at 7:21 - who would attempt THAT?)
10. Wix, "Disruptive World" with Gal Gadot, the new Wonder Woman and Jason Statham from The Expandables and Transporter for the cloud-based web development platform for the Super Bowl 2017 in the extended version - with more than 22.6 million views online it was the most-seen commercial before the game. It was was shot by the French Louis Leterrier who directed the Transporter films, Unleashed, The Incredible Hulk, Clash of the Titans and Now You See Me in Barcelona with estimated costs for producing and broadcasting somewhere around 14 millions dollars
11. Anheuser-Busch Budweiser beer / Bud, “Whassup?”, also known as Wazzup, What’s up or True, true that ran from 1999 to 2002 and became a catchphrase. It won the Cannes Grand Prix and the Grand Clio awards, and was parodied in Scary Movie in 2000, years later also by Annoying Orange and others.
11.5 Anheuser-Busch Budweiser beer / “Wassup Wasabi or just "Wasabi", the lesser known yet extremely funny follow-up to the Whassup commercial with Dookie and his wife
The votes are in and the current winner is: Bud “Whassup” – true, true …
Results in detail, status September 14, 2018 (votes and positive mentions counted)
1. Anheuser-Busch Budweiser / Bud, “Whassup” / “Wasabi”: 273 votes/mentions
2. Cinesite, “Beans” / Astronaut: 150 votes/mentions
3. Wix, “Disruptive World”: 147 votes/mentions – mainly because of Gal Gadot (and a little bit because of Jason Statham)
4. Heinz Tomato Ketchup, “Wiener Stampede”: 121 votes/mentions – mainly because of the cute dogs
5. Volkswagen, “The Force” / Darth Vader: 86 votes/mentions – mainly because of the cute Darth Vader
6. Doritos, “Ultrasound”: 85 votes/mentions
7. Clash Of Clans, “Revenge”: 79 votes/mentions – mainly because of Liam Neeson
8. Kia, “Hero”: 50 votes/mentions
9. Kia, “The Truth” / Matrix: 48 votes/mentions
10. Shadow of War, “Not today, Brian”: 21 votes/mentions
11. Old Spice, “Jungle Wilderness”: 12 votes/mentions
Thanks to everybody who watched the video, voted and commented on it, liked it and subscribed to my channel – I appreciate that very much!
Why not make sure that you are truly saved by Jesus Christ and practice this way.
Remorsefully confess with your heart your sins to Jesus Christ who is God and tell Him that you right now are repenting of your sins and you want to be born again of the Spirit from above. Tell Jesus that you are remorsefully sorry for breaking His commandments and that you are begging for forgiveness from Him. Allow His blood from the cross to wash away your sins. After this is done with your heart successfully the Holy Spirit will come to live within you and He will rebuild you from the inside out. Look for signs that you are living righteously. Things like spreading the good news from Jesus, getting other people saved, a craving for the word of God, reading the Bible etc. These things are known as a calling and fruit bearing. If you're not bearing fruit then keep doing it. Sometimes it takes time to get saved. Read Matthew chapter 13 from the King James Bible. God bless!
In all these funny commercials compilations, I've never once seen the great ad by Smartbeep. Is it just too old? Nobody knows what a beeper is (or was) any more?https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMBBbMN0Nl8
This is my video, so I can't speak for others but I can tell you my opinion: I know this commercial and I like it, but it's not that funny in my opinion - there are so many other commercials out there, the competition is really huge. Sometimes it's hard to get old commercials because they don't exist on Youtube or at least not in a good quality. By the way, in my video here I didn't just include funny but also famous commercials. When you read my description text below the video you will understand.
I'm glad you enjoyed my video! All these commercials were on TV - with exception of number one, as far as I'm informed - some of them were Super Bowl commercials and wrote history by breaking viewer records. If you like to know more, I wrote about each commercial in the description text below the video.
Yeah, right, but this is not part of the Whassup campaign. If you like to see the highlights of Whassup, I have an entire video dedicated to this groundbreaking commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bvYpuMol3Q&t
2: Oh no. >_<
3: Starts Ehhh.... and ends with a slight Heh.
4: Starts wtf, continues with ... "Did they do all this for a car ad?" and the singing and the rest turns "yes" into OMGWTF!!!1!!!>_<
5: .... Funny? Nope, not funny, and i'm a Gamer.
6: Not funny, but a good wtf and far better than most other ads i've seen. thus far in the fifth spot of the best in this list.
7: Rubbish. You lot think that is funny? Worse than #5, thus far worst in this lot. (I know some like kids, but this is stupid.)
8: Ok, this stared as "one of those", continued as "ehhh...????" but managed to get over the top and fun-ish in the end. ^_^
10: Ok, this is insane in a good way. * Applauds *
11: Wazzaap .... and Wazzaaabi. 'Nuff said.
7's worst, and 5 is next to worst.
Neither deserves to be on a "funniest" list.
RubberyCat : Oh, then I apologize if I misunderstood it, I'm glad you liked so many! Sometimes there are viewers who like all the commercials , most of them, some of them, and then there are those who think my video just sucks, so I guess, taste is different xD Thank you for your nuanced/balanced and yet positive comment!
Oh, i did enjoy it, 4 times of 11 i thoroughly enjoyed it or were at least blown away, only 2 of the 11 were utter duds (Not Today and Child Vader), and the rest was at least clearly entertaining (and thus better than the current general ad).
Also, i'm no authority on the matter, some really like kids in ads, and those might like "Child Vader" more, but i personally do not.
Also, i have no say in your choices, but it would be nice if regular commercial-makers bothered to make their ads more entertaining.
Thank you for your analysis. xD Although you didn't seem to enjoy my video very much, there are two commercials you actually liked ("amazing" & "insane in a good way"), so I will include your choices in the next ranking update, if I may
You're right, it's actually the most liked commercial of the video with 273 votes resp. positive mentions - see the description text below my video - that's why I made a video with the best Whassup commercials only, if you are interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bvYpuMol3Q
You're right, it is and I'm glad you liked it! When I made the video, I wasn't sure if I should include it because it seemed too violent at the beginning but this was also the reason why the ending is so amusing - so I appreciate your comment!
I'm glad you liked these commercials! Thank you for your vote, I will include it in the next ranking update. You find the results in the description text below the video, the Whassup commercials are the winners, by the way xD
In the first one the three astronauts planting the flag are Americans but the one hiding then farting has the Italian or Irish flag on his left arm. What is an Italian or Irish farting astronaut doing here ? (Is Haynes Irish ?)
victor gaudu : Yeah, when it comes to the flag, there have already been some discussions here - if you are right regarding the position of the arm, it could also be the flag of Nigeria xD But you know, on the Fart Side of the Moon everything is possible :-)
For the flag thing I'm pretty sure the green stripe is vertical and only appears to be horizontal because of the position of the arm because the american flags on the other astronauts arms are also changed.
Thanks for the info :) I was too preoccupied with the farting astronauts flag to realize it.
The Italian flag has vertical pales, the shown flag here seems to have horizontal ones. Anyway, astronauts don't necessarily fly the colors of their homelands but rather of their space agencies resp. their sponsors. So they can plant whatever flag they like and don't have to be the same nationality. Regarding Haynes, this product doesn't exist: the commercial is a so called "mock ad" - I describe it in the description text below the video - for a fictional product that only resembles Heinz beans. The actual advertiser is Cinesite, the famous visual effects and feature animation studio from Canada, known for its movies like Harry Potter, Avengers: Infinity War, Captain America: Civil War, and others. Their logo appears at the end of the ad. With this commercial they wanted to show what they can do - and where quite successful with it xD
Far Cry comes to America in the latest installment of the award-winning franchise.
Welcome to Hope County, Montana, land of the free and the brave but also home to a fanatical doomsday cult known as Eden’s Gate. Stand up to cult leader Joseph Seed, and his siblings, the Heralds, to spark the fires of resistance and liberate the besieged community.
OWN THE OFFICIAL FAR CRY 5 MERCHANDISE
Digital Deluxe Pack includes: Big Game Hunter Pack, Ace Pilot Pack, Explosive Pack, Chaos Pack, AR-C Assault Rifle, and .44 Magnum Handgun with Unique Skins. Gold Edition includes the Game, Deluxe Pack, and Season Pass. Season Pass includes exclusive content, 3 unique DLCs: "Dead Living Zombies”, "Hours of Darkness", and "Lost on Mars”, and Far Cry 3® Classic Edition*. *Far Cry® 3 Classic Edition will be available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. PC players who purchase the Season Pass or Far Cry® 5 Gold Edition will receive the full version of Far Cry® 3.