I put together ten of the most funny commercials that made me laugh and that are also famous, that have written history so to say. You find the description below. I hope you enjoy them as I did. Tell me in the comments which one is your #1 - or at least your #1.5 - I will include your vote in the ranking at the end of this text to see which commercial people like the most.
These ads are included:
1. Cinesite Studios, “Beans”, also called “Not for Austronauts” or the "Astronaut Ad" from 2013, a mock ad – the non-existent Haynes Baked Beans only resemble Heinz – for the famous visual effects and feature animation studio known for movies like Harry Potter, Avengers: Infinity War, Captain America: Civil War, and others whose logo appears at the end. This hillarious commercial is often shown but not always understood.
2. Doritos, "Ultrasound"/“Birth” from the 2016 Super Bowl was a highly controversial, yet extremely funny commercial that still has its fans and opponents
3. Kia niro, “Hero” with Melissa McCarthy from the 2017 Super Bowl, also refered to as “I love Whales!” that got a lot of press and features Bonnie Tyler's “Holding up for a hero”
4. Kia, “The Truth” with Laurence Fishburne as Morpheus from The Matrix, singing Nessun dorma for the Super Bowl 2014
5. Shadow of War, “Not today, Brian” from 2017 for the video game, also known for its line “Nothing will be forgotten”
6. Heinz Tomato Ketchup, “Wiener Stampede”, the adorable ad from the 2016 Super Bowl, part of the “Meet the Ketchups” promotion
7. Volkswagen VW Passat, “The Force”, also called "Darth Vader" from 2011 Super Bowl - this extended version was seen by 8 million viewers online before the game, a huge success at this time, during the game a shorter version was aired, later other versions/sequels followed, a game-changing commercial a lot of media was talking about and many people still enjoy.
8. Clash Of Clans, “Revenge” with Liam Neeson as his famous character from Taken for the Super Bowl 2015, also famous for its line “You will regret the day you crossed AngryNeeson52”
9. Old Spice, “Jungle Wilderness” from the 2011 Danger Zone campaign with the famous line “You smell like you look – amazing” (the most amazing thing, though, is the line “Dramatization only. Do not attempt.” in the bottom right corner at 7:21 - who would attempt THAT?)
10. Wix, "Disruptive World" with Gal Gadot, the new Wonder Woman and Jason Statham from The Expandables and Transporter for the cloud-based web development platform for the Super Bowl 2017 in the extended version - with more than 22.6 million views online it was the most-seen commercial before the game. It was was shot by the French Louis Leterrier who directed the Transporter films, Unleashed, The Incredible Hulk, Clash of the Titans and Now You See Me in Barcelona with estimated costs for producing and broadcasting somewhere around 14 millions dollars
11. Anheuser-Busch Budweiser beer / Bud, “Whassup?”, also known as Wazzup, What’s up or True, true that ran from 1999 to 2002 and became a catchphrase. It won the Cannes Grand Prix and the Grand Clio awards, and was parodied in Scary Movie in 2000, years later also by Annoying Orange and others.
11.5 Anheuser-Busch Budweiser beer / “Wassup Wasabi or just "Wasabi", the lesser known yet extremely funny follow-up to the Whassup commercial with Dookie and his wife
The votes are in and the current winner is: Bud “Whassup” – true, true …
Results in detail, status September 14, 2018 (votes and positive mentions counted)
1. Anheuser-Busch Budweiser / Bud, “Whassup” / “Wasabi”: 273 votes/mentions
2. Cinesite, “Beans” / Astronaut: 150 votes/mentions
3. Wix, “Disruptive World”: 147 votes/mentions – mainly because of Gal Gadot (and a little bit because of Jason Statham)
4. Heinz Tomato Ketchup, “Wiener Stampede”: 121 votes/mentions – mainly because of the cute dogs
5. Volkswagen, “The Force” / Darth Vader: 86 votes/mentions – mainly because of the cute Darth Vader
6. Doritos, “Ultrasound”: 85 votes/mentions
7. Clash Of Clans, “Revenge”: 79 votes/mentions – mainly because of Liam Neeson
8. Kia, “Hero”: 50 votes/mentions
9. Kia, “The Truth” / Matrix: 48 votes/mentions
10. Shadow of War, “Not today, Brian”: 21 votes/mentions
11. Old Spice, “Jungle Wilderness”: 12 votes/mentions
Thanks to everybody who watched the video, voted and commented on it, liked it and subscribed to my channel – I appreciate that very much!
That's hard to say: In 1999 Budweiser wanted to appeal to younger viewers, so they made this commercial that didn't feel like conventional advertising and was simply about friends and buddies hanging around together, doing nonse, talking nonsense ... The first one was extremely successful, it won many prizes, there were a lot of parodies on the internet from users - and that means something at this time - also in movies (Scary Movie, Annoying Orange etc.) and a lot of Talkshows ... If you like to know more, I made a video with the funniest Whassup commercials, in the description text below the video you can read about the story: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bvYpuMol3Q
The first one is just stupid! You wouldn't hear a fart on the moon anyway! The whale one was very funny? Interesting matrix car commercial! Shadow of War commercial is really good. Whatever you do in the game affects other characters and how they will interact with you later in the game. The hot dog commercial- not so good. The Darth Vadar one was almost good. The "what's up" commercial sure isn't! Sort of reminds me of Rerun in "What's Happening", except he was much better.
I'm glad you liked it, I will include your vote in the next ranking update! Because this video was so successful and the Whassup commercial got the most votes by the viewers, I made another video with the best Whassup commercials only, maybe you like it too - have fun: https://youtu.be/8bvYpuMol3Q
Peter Burto : Thank you for noticing! xD It's my video and when somebody takes time to write a comment, I take time to answer. I appreciate comments very much. Also, some people have interesting questions, and from time to time there are really interesting conversations.
BloodAxe _Gaming : You are easily satisfied - from 69 to 3 in just 3 minutes - thank you very much for your flexibility! :-) By the way, I know some of these commercials are a little bit tough - but I hope not too much - which one are you thinking about for age restriction? The first one?
Actually, there have been some discussions here about it being the Italian flag which I believe is wrong, I don't think they would use a real flag anyway. But doesn't the Nigerian flag have three vertical plates while this one seems to have two horizontal plates?
You're right, they are, and I'm glad you liked them. The first one is from Cinesite who made movies movies like Harry Potter, Avengers: Infinity War, Captain America: Civil War, and others. Melissa and Lawrence Fishburne are also extremely good. xD
"Without You", written by Pete Ham and Tom Evans of the British rock group Badfinger, first released on their 1970 album No Dice. By the way, it has been recorded by over 180 artists, the singer of this version is Harry Nilsson, from the 1971 album Nilsson Schmilsson.
Thank you for your vote, I'm glad you liked it and will include it in the next ranking update! By the way, If you are interested, I also made a video with Whassup commercials only, maybe you will enjoy it: www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bvYpuMol3Q
Limarenla Sanglir : Thank you very much, I'm happy you enjoyed it! ,If you are interested, just yesterday I made a new video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQZ0DFqediY ... Greetings from Austria and have a nice day too!
I really love the Wasabi Budweiser commercial and I have watched many times. Over the years since it first debuted I enjoyed it and tried to emulate it whenever I can work it into conversation about Japanese Cuisine. But it was not until recently while watching it for the five hundred and 39th time that I realized they are the Japanese restaurant, eating sushi, with chopsticks, which is the Japanese tradition, if you don't use chopsticks use your fingers when no one's looking. But what would you need with a fork? There's no evidence that they were eating anything that needed a fork. Or spoon. Or a knife. So why does the silverware rattle when she hits the table? Mind blown.
I'm glad you like it so much, especially the Wasabi one which is also my favorite! But I don't think the sound at the end comes from silverware, it may come from the beer, glasses and so on ... Btw, if you like, I also have a video here on my Youtube channel with the best Whassup commercials in a more or less chronological: www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bvYpuMol3Q
Viv Wallace : Oh yes, the Czech Budweiser tastes fantastic! The trademark dispute between Budweiser Brewery and Anheuser-Busch - because of the name - is one of the longest and still ongoing disputes ever (since 1907). Still, my personal favorite is the original "Pilsner". xD I'm really glad you enjoyed so many commercials from my video! Thank you for telling me, I will include them in die next ranking update for the most liked commercial in the description text below the video.
I see. Czech Bud must taste different then.
Yeah, I thought that the KIA K900 ad was nice because I like the idea of using the matrix concept and also the Ketchup one with the running hotdogs was cute or the one with baby darth vader and the Clash of Clans with Liam Neeson. I did not like the one with Jason Statham and Gal for some reason.
Viv Wallace : Ha ha, yes, I like Budweiser - but the Czech Budweiser! The city is just 1 hour away from me ... xD When it comes to the Whassup commercials, I'm amazed by their success - it's been 19 years since the first one and people are still talking about it! Is there a commercial you liked in my video?
Far Cry comes to America in the latest installment of the award-winning franchise.
Welcome to Hope County, Montana, land of the free and the brave but also home to a fanatical doomsday cult known as Eden’s Gate. Stand up to cult leader Joseph Seed, and his siblings, the Heralds, to spark the fires of resistance and liberate the besieged community.
OWN THE OFFICIAL FAR CRY 5 MERCHANDISE
Digital Deluxe Pack includes: Big Game Hunter Pack, Ace Pilot Pack, Explosive Pack, Chaos Pack, AR-C Assault Rifle, and .44 Magnum Handgun with Unique Skins. Gold Edition includes the Game, Deluxe Pack, and Season Pass. Season Pass includes exclusive content, 3 unique DLCs: "Dead Living Zombies”, "Hours of Darkness", and "Lost on Mars”, and Far Cry 3® Classic Edition*. *Far Cry® 3 Classic Edition will be available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. PC players who purchase the Season Pass or Far Cry® 5 Gold Edition will receive the full version of Far Cry® 3.