STEAM RE DOWNLOADING THE ENTIRE GAME FILES EVEN AFTER DISCOVERING THEM (SOLVED)
THIS IS A 2 TIME REPETITIVE PROCESS....
This is a common problem faced while Using STEAM, I have found a fix for it....
1. First place the game files in a separate folder on the desktop... And EXIT STEAM...
2. Next go to C: Program Files: STEAM--STEAM APPS -- COMMON and paste the game folder there.... (Or Paste them where you put all your game files)
My Steam Directory is G: STEAM APPS--STEAM LIBRARY -- common
I have SNIPER ELITE 3 game folder that my friend downloaded and I recently purchased it...
3. NEXT Launch Steam
4. Select the game to be installed: here SNIPER ELITE 3
5. (VERY IMPORTANT) Select the same directory where you have pasted the game files as the directory for the game to be installed....
6. Wait for STEAM to Discover Files and Allocate Disk Space...
7. BUT STEAM STARTS REDOWNLOADING THE ENTIRE GAME...... (PAY ATTENTION)
8. PAUSE THE GAME DOWNLOAD... (Here Sniper Elite-3).... Don't EXIT STEAM.....
9. Go the Steam Directory where you have pasted the Game Files (G--STEAM LIBRARY --COMMON) and "cut" the game folder (SNIPER ELITE-3 folder) and paste them back to Desktop Folder...
10. NEXT go to Steam App and Click ON "LIBRARY"
11. Next Right Click on the Game and Select "DELETE LOCAL CONCENT" and accept the Conformation....
12. EXIT STEAM AGAIN...
13. Again paste the Game Files in the same STEAM Directory as Before (G: STEAM LIBRARY -- common)
14. Launch STEAM again and select the Game (SNIPER ELITE-3) and Click INSTALL. Remember to select the same game directory to install the game where the game Files have been pasted) G: STEAM LIBRARY -- common
15. STEAM Discovers the Existing Files and Allocates the Disk Space.....BUT THIS TIME IT DOESN'T RE-DOWNLOAD THE ENTIRE GAME and A MESSAGE POPS UP SAYING THAT THE GAME HAS FINISHED DOWNLOADING....
maybe i could help, if you guys don't have the "delete local conten" firstly cut and paste your game files somewhere, after that open steam app, and then when if it redownload, just click uninstall, after that you want to cut and paste the game into the directory, dan then after you exit steam, open it again and click install to your game to the default directory, and it should say "discovering existing files for *your game name*"
hey, i downloaded advanced warfare, 47,5 GB, and the file location is not in common folder, it is located on downloading folder. i already finished download the game why it still redownloading from beginning?
The only reason you're doing it twice is because you're doing it wrong:
WHILE It's meant to be downloading, [pause it]
all you need to do is copy all the content into the folder it creates.
I've backed up TF2, Dota 2, CSGO - ALL MY GAMES like that,
Or you can create a shortcut in that directory that steam is in and leave it on whatever hard drive you have kept it on.
you gave me an idea and i did this. i coped files just for backup and uninstalled game from steam but not the local files. then i installed and gave the directory where my game is in and it discovered and wallah!! thanks soo much
I remember deleting 300 MB files of my game , Then completed download and now i done this and it found my files
It didnt say finished , will it download the 300 mb again OR whole game? I need a fast reply please.
I know this is old tho.
other method worked for me just cut and paste the folder on desktop but close the pasting progress and past that cuted part back to folder and then istall the game ,,it will not install the whole game again
and I found an other way too BEFORE to copy Gamefiles on Steamapp/Common just install game and pause(dosent matter when) you just create a file after do that named like that "appmanifest_1234"(number its change) open that with Notepad and you see there game name under that there a line name "StateFlags" "1026" Change that just do "4" vola there you go you complate to install simple is that. SS> http://prnt.sc/dkepnu
I actually just figured something out:
1. Put game folder in install directory
2. Open game folder and delete installscript.vdf (Sometimes it is at the top of the game's directory and other times you will have to go into the game's other folders and look for it.)
3. Go to Steam and install the game
4. Steam should discover the existing files and once it finishes, the game should show up as completely downloaded under the downloads tab
Hope it works for you guys too
Doesn't work. I move my Counter Strike folder back to the desktop and deleted local content, but once I exit steam there is still a Counter Strike folder in my common folder which contains a file called "installscript.vdf"
1. FIRST, Suspend all other downloads.(THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT, DON'T PAUSE DOWNLOADS MAKE SURE YOU SUSPEND THE OTHER DOWNLOADS)
2. NEXT, Copy the Game Files to "common" directory.
3. THEN, Click INSTALL. Steam prepares and existing files and allocates disk space and then it shows that the GAME has finished the installation...(If any minor updates are present, Steam downloads smaller files below 2 or 3 Gigs)
4.If the above procedure FAILS and if Steam continues to re download the entire size, Then, pause the download.
5. Just move the Game Folder to some other location or Drive
6.Right Click on the game and select "DELETE LOCAL FILES"
7. ....Now, Install the game again....This time it works....
Far Cry comes to America in the latest installment of the award-winning franchise.
Welcome to Hope County, Montana, land of the free and the brave but also home to a fanatical doomsday cult known as Eden’s Gate. Stand up to cult leader Joseph Seed, and his siblings, the Heralds, to spark the fires of resistance and liberate the besieged community.
OWN THE OFFICIAL FAR CRY 5 MERCHANDISE
Digital Deluxe Pack includes: Big Game Hunter Pack, Ace Pilot Pack, Explosive Pack, Chaos Pack, AR-C Assault Rifle, and .44 Magnum Handgun with Unique Skins. Gold Edition includes the Game, Deluxe Pack, and Season Pass. Season Pass includes exclusive content, 3 unique DLCs: "Dead Living Zombies”, "Hours of Darkness", and "Lost on Mars”, and Far Cry 3® Classic Edition*. *Far Cry® 3 Classic Edition will be available on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. PC players who purchase the Season Pass or Far Cry® 5 Gold Edition will receive the full version of Far Cry® 3.